Do you think healthy eating has to be boring? If so, you are about to be pleasantly surprised! This chocolate nut butter is simple, delicious and will leave you in heaven! As always, remember that this is still a treat, and should not be eaten as a main course, or on a daily basis! Try this topped on fresh fruit, or any other way you might like! And while you’re at it, go check out Barefoot Coconut – the creator of this delicious recipe! Scroll down for the ingredients and directions!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Servings: Makes a full large jar
- 2 cups of your favorite nut butter
- 8 tbsp raw cacao (or 100% unsweetened cocoa powder)
- 2 tbsp organic honey (or organic maple syrup)
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix thoroughly until combined.
- Taste and adjust seasonings (if needed). If you need to thin this mixture, add coconut oil (warmed to liquid consistency).
- Serve with fresh fruit, in a smoothie, or on a spoon! You will be coming back for seconds!
Recipe By: Rebecca Hughes
Rebecca is a fruit obsessed, yoga and pull up fanatic who spends a lot of the time outdoors with her GSP dogs. As a certified personal trainer she has learned a lot along the way, especially on nutrition.
She runs Barefoot Coconut, an online resource to help you feel good in all manners of health, nutrition and fitness. Rebecca aims to educate, inspire and share her passions with a fruitful active way of life!